Shilpayan is a Jaipur-based esteemed NGO affiliated with the All-India Women’s Conference (AIWC), New Delhi.
It was founded in 1997 with the primary objective of eradicating discriminatory practices and violence against women and underprivileged children by helping them through vocational training, education, and counselling to make them self-sufficient. Our goal is to empower them by creating a dignified and equal space for them in the family and society at large.
Our dedicated and devoted efforts are focused on bringing massive changes in the livelihood and overall status of the women and children of the backward sections to make them confident enough to become a much-needed part of the societal structure.
In addition to women empowerment and child-centric projects, Shilpayan also holds the reputation of offering a wide range of humanitarian and welfare projects supported by the Government of Rajasthan.
We offer services like family counselling centres at Mansarover and Mahila Suraksha Salah Kendra and prisoner welfare-adopted open jail, Sanganer, Jaipur, and much more.
Our vision is to become a trusted NGO in the eyes of society with the support system offered by the Government.
We feel proud and privileged to be designated and offer our services as a deputed NGO service provider for the Domestic Violence Act, 2005 by the Govt. of Rajasthan since 2008.
About the Founder
- 30+ Years of experience in social service sector as social entrepreneur with expertise on subject areas like Issue Based Counseling(women issues, family disputes, martial issues, child protection), Skill Development Programs, to name a few
- 20+ Years of experience in Prisoner’s Welfare & Rehabilitation
- 15000+ total cases counselled during the entire career
- Protection Officer for Domestic Violence Act, 2005
- Former Chairperson, All India Women’s Conference(AIWC), Jaipur Branch (2010-2019)
- Member of various committee’s with various department of Govt. Of Rajasthan
- Education : MSW(Masters of Social Work), MA-Sociology
Mrs. Laxmi Ashok
MA in Sociology, Rajasthan University and MSW (Masters in social work)